Sunday, August 31, 2008

Here Comes Another Year

It's beginning to feel a lot like the beginning of another year of school! As the classes seem longer and longer each day and the homework slowly starts to reveal itself. My classes aren't too much to handle. If I keep focused at all times I can usually make it home without any homework at all! Cheer is now every day after school and I am also doing student counsel this year. It seems like a lot of work, but I think it will be worth it in the long run. We had our very first pep-assembly on Friday. It was originally schelduled for the first day of school and was post-poned three times! As if that wasn't enough for the week, we also had our first football game last night. I can't believe I nearly forgot how much work it is to cheer four quarters and perform a half time! We lost our game by ONE point. It wasn't even fair. Moon Valley decided to take a knee at twenty-five seconds and only thirty yards to go. The score was 19-20. This year, my coach is hoping to take the competition team to Nationals in Florida. They are holding tryouts again for the competition team. I am really hoping to have my back tuck by then. Morgan (my tumbling coach) has already started working on it with me so hopefully I'll catch on quick. Student counsel is already planning homecoming week because it's really early this year (the end of September). Our dance is going to be really cool! But I won't give away any details. In short, my week seemed like a month. I feel like I'm suffering from a serios case of sleep deprivation. But I can't complain. All is well. I have twenty pages left of Eclipse! Which I'm going to finish reading as soon as I'm done typing this. Hahaha one last thing I thought I would share... This morning as we were getting ready for church, Zane walked into the bathroom with a box of dental floss and a strand of about a yard already pulled out. He looks at my mom and says, "Mom, will you cut this for me? I want a snack." I just about fell over laughing. When my mom told him he can't eat dental floss for a snack he put on his pout face and said, "fine then! I'm not going to church!" and stomped off. I thought it was pretty funny. The things kids say. It's great.

3 comments:

A day in the life of the Campbell's said...

that is so funny at the end about Zane. He is so funny. I thnk it's great you post on your blog about things in your life. I am proud of you for all you accomplish daily. Keep up the good work and you will see it all pay off.

AudyCamp said...

ok that is hilarious..I can picture little Zane's voice asking to eat dental floss. he's a hoot. Congrats on all your hard work in school. Don't forget to sleep sometimes too!

Tiffany said...

Melissa,
You are an adorable little cheerleader. Enjoy it. It goes by way too fast! Keep up the hard work. It pays off!